Zhongba Hospitalhospitals in Lahoregynecologists in Lahore
Point to Point Review of Cervicitis or Cervical ErosionIn this Article we are going to carry out an overall review with bullet point explanations to save time and hassle.
Cervicitis is basically inflamed of vaginal tissues that results in swollen, red, ooze mucus and pus and bleed when touched. It can spread beyond the cervix to the uterus and fallopian tubes and into pelvic & abdominal cavity and cause life-threatening infections. It can cause fertility problems as well.
Causes of Cervicitis:
- Allergies(to chemicals in spermicide, douches or to rubber in condoms)
- Bacterial imbalance (healthy bacteria overwhelmed by unhealthy or harmful bacteria)
- Hormonal imbalance (low estrogen & high progesterone level)
- Cancer or cancer treatment (radiation therapy) may cause changes to cervix.
- Sexually transmitted diseases STD’s
· Genital herpes
Cervical Erosion Risk Factors:
- Cervico-vaginal infections
- Obstetric trauma
- Local trauma secondary to sexual contact
- Ectopic congenital defects
- IUD( intrauterine device)
- Local maneuvers (hysteroscopy etc)
Symptoms of cervicitis:Cervicitis may present with following symptoms
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Pale yellow or grayish vaginal discharge
- Pain during sex
- Abdominal or pelvic pain
- Pressure or heaviness in pelvis
How is Cervicitis diagnosed?A pelvic examination is done to check:
- Redness of cervix
- Swelling of vaginal wall
- Discharge from cervix
- Examination of the discharge under a microscope
- Pap test
- Biopsy of cervix
- Tests for gonorrhea or Chlamydia
Complications of cervicitis:Cervicitis may lead to
Treatment of Cervical Erosion:
- Antibiotics( to treat chlamydia or gonorrhea)
- Antiviral treatment( to treat herpes infections)
- Hormonal therapy (for low estrogen or high progesterone)
When the above mentioned treatments do not work then following treatments are done :
- Destruction of the tissue using electric probe
- Laser therapy
Herbal treatment for Cervicitis:
Chamomile (Mother Tincture)This plant is beneficial to cure Cervicitis as it has following properties:
· Immunity booster
Lady’s mantle (Alchemila Vulgaris)It is the most effective herb against Cervicitis as it has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. This herb mainly contains flavonoids.
Horsetail (equisetum debile )Whole plant is used in the treatment of Cervicitis as its actions are anti-inflammatory and helps to stop internal bleeding.
Carrot :Carrot has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory action. This plant also has immunity booster property.
Following cans reduce you chances to develop cervicitis :
- Avoid irritants i.e douches.
- Avoid deodorant tampons.
- It should be made sure that any foreign objects you insert into your vagina (e.g tampons) are properly placed. You should Be sure to follow instructions on how long to leave it inside, how often to change it, or how often to clean it.
- Make sure your partner is free of any STDs. You and your partner should not have sex with any other people while being sexually active with each other.
Chinese Treatment for Cervical Erosion
Cervicitis Swelling of Uterus.
Natural Treatment Cervicitis